Friday, July 12, 2013

About Me

Yeah, you read the title right.. I'm gay, I'm married, and I'm a Mormon.

If that sounds a little complex, you're right- it is. Maybe that's partly why I've started this blog. I want to use this to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences as I've dealt with this. In coming posts I'll share my story in a way I've never really shared- like what really is going on in my head and my heart.

So yes, I'm gay. I first identified my attraction to guys when I was 14. Only 3 people in this world know- my wife, my Bishop, and my old Bishop. Something tells me that just might change. And yes, I'm married. Seven years ago I married the most remarkable woman I've ever met, and we now have several wonderful kids. We're happy. And yes, I'm a Mormon. I love the gospel and the peace and joy that it brings me, despite my opposing qualifier that I'm also gay.

I feel like it's time now to start sharing my story. Or at least I have so much in my head that I need to let it out somewhere. Either way, buckle up- this is going to be an interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a favor? Be nice.
I'm a human being, I've got feelings, and I'd sure appreciate if you'd be kind. I moderate my comments, and will not tolerate people speaking negatively about me, my family, or my religion.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
If you do like what I have to say, I look forward to hearing from you too.