Sunday, July 21, 2013

Holy crap, my wife just outed me.

Good grief.
I had just decided this week that I don't want to come out yet to any friends or family.

Never mind, my wife just outed me.

She had my blog up on her phone earlier, reading a post we had been talking about. Then tonight my sister came over to borrow something. She and my wife started talking about a movie they wanted to watch, and started discussing their childhood crushes on the main characters. Unsure of which one my sister was talking about, my wife innocently enough opens up Safari on her phone to look it up- and lo and behold, there's my blog, Gay Married Mormon screaming across the page. My wife and I exchanged a quick, nervous glance- did she see that? They quickly found the page they wanted, and then for some reason hit back so it flashed again on the screen.

At that point I had to go in the other room to refrain from laughing in front of them.

My sister left pretty quick after that.. We talked it over real quick, and I called my sister's cell phone and asked her to come back. I was glad we did, because she had indeed seen the screen. I really wanted to be sure she found out through me, not some other means. We sat her down and told her what's up, and she took it like a champ. Very open and understanding, she told me that I'm no different now than before she knew.

I can't tell you how much her reaction meant to me; this is the type of reaction I hope for from anyone who I tell. I know that not everyone will react the same way, but I appreciated it nonetheless. I know that I sure make much more of an effort to not judge others- you never know what someone else is dealing with.

So now my circle of "knowers" has increased to 5, thanks to my wife. I certainly didn't see that one coming tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was meant to be? I'm glad it went well.
    Having noone in your situation in my life (that I know of, at least) I find it really interesting as to how guys "like you" get together with the woman you marries, can't you tell us your story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica,

      I'll be glad to tell my story! I've started writing it, but just haven't finished yet. Watch for it within a few days :)

      Delete

Do me a favor? Be nice.
I'm a human being, I've got feelings, and I'd sure appreciate if you'd be kind. I moderate my comments, and will not tolerate people speaking negatively about me, my family, or my religion.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
If you do like what I have to say, I look forward to hearing from you too.