Friday, August 9, 2013

$20 bill

In General Conference awhile back, President Uchdorf told a story of a woman who compared herself to a $20 bill. He said,
"One woman who had been through years of trial and sorrow said through her tears, 'I Have come to realize that I am like an old 20-dollar bill- crumpled, torn, dirty, abused and scarred. But I am still a 20-dollar bill. I am worth something. Even though I may not look like much, and even though I have been battered and used, I am still worth the full 20 dollars."
What a beautiful reminder! Just because I'm attracted to guys does not diminish my value. I have sinned in many ways and done wrong, but I'm still worth the full $20 because of the Atonement and Grace of Jesus Christ. Satan tries to trick us into believing that we aren't worth it any more- when we slip up, have an impure thought, or any number of things, he lies and tells us that we aren't worth it any more. There's no more hope. No way back. And that's a lie not worth listening to, because we are worth it in our Father in Heaven's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a favor? Be nice.
I'm a human being, I've got feelings, and I'd sure appreciate if you'd be kind. I moderate my comments, and will not tolerate people speaking negatively about me, my family, or my religion.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
If you do like what I have to say, I look forward to hearing from you too.