Friday, August 23, 2013

Can't even agree to disagree

The weekend is almost here. I can almost feel it. Hallelujah.

It's been a rough week. My wife and I have struggled lately with some issues, and we seem to be completely polar opposites on them. We've had more than our fair share of arguments and frustrating moments this week. As my wife said, we can't even agree to disagree.

Being gay, married, and Mormon is not exactly an easy thing to deal with sometimes. There's a heck of a lot of baggage.

So, for now, we're focusing on being happy together. Tonight is date night- which means after the kids go to bed, we pop some popcorn, whip up some avocado shakes, and watch a chick flick. There's one advantage to me being gay- we both like those movies!

So tonight we'll snuggle up on the couch and put everything behind us for a bit. Our problems will still be there to deal with for a very long time- the trick today is not letting them get in front of those we love. How does the phrase go? Don't let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.. or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a favor? Be nice.
I'm a human being, I've got feelings, and I'd sure appreciate if you'd be kind. I moderate my comments, and will not tolerate people speaking negatively about me, my family, or my religion.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
If you do like what I have to say, I look forward to hearing from you too.